Monday, December 6, 2010



I am posting today about a new phenomenon - well new to me, at any rate - which I just discovered while at a friend's house over Thanksgiving break. The pictures above show this activity as I witnessed it; people are giving each other 'light shows,' or 'playing with your lights.' I've come to find out that this is a raver activity - I suppose because it accompanies music that is played at raves. Regardless, my point is that it's fascinating, I think, because is using only lights as some personal form of entertainment - performed by one person for [usually and most successfully] one other. And it's a trip. What these lights do to your eyes is incredible. One is white on its own, but when moving back and forth is green, white and purple. And with just waving your hands and rotating them around the viewers head, you can make some awesome effects. It's quite a pleasurable experience; everyone should experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment