Monday, December 6, 2010

Week 10: Light served on a plate!


Over the course of this class, I have found that I have become more appreciative and aware of the beauty and effect of light. Now that I am more aware of light, I've discovered that it is everywhere I go! There is light creeping through my blinds when I wake up in the morning. When I am stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway, the flashing of the red lights from the cars driving ahead of me dictate approximately how much longer I'll be stuck there. When I look up at the sky, I find that it is always conveying a different story through all of the mixed hues of light shining through the clouds. 

Light is everywhere and a couple of nights ago, it was served on a plate! I was celebrating my birthday at a Mexican restaurant called La Sandia and this yummy little birthday surprise was brought to me by the server. Tres leches, vanilla ice cream covered with caramel sauce, and flan... all topped with a firework candle! The light being so small only illuminated the small little area around it but as small as it was, it was still vibrant and strong. I was so intrigued by the light that came from this tiny little source that I did not even get the chance to blow my candle. I ended up letting it just die down on its own  but I didn't mind!

This just goes to show that light is everywhere! Its in the sky above us, its there to guide us during traffic and it can even be served on our plates! We just have to be more aware of it so that we are able to be more appreciative of it and thanks to this class, I am able to do that! 

Thank you, Lonnie! I really enjoyed our class! :)

Leah Joanino

No comments:

Post a Comment